It’s no longer enough to create great content; even this will go unnoticed without effective promotion. With a busy landscape, the amount of time needed to create content with a greater value is increasing, and with potential readers becoming smarter and more discerning, you will really need to refine and better target your messaging in order to prompt the responses you want to see.
Try these 7 ideas on for size and let us know if these steps work for you:
Banishing content fatigue in 7 steps
- Put your content where your audience is. The more you know about your target, the better you will be at finding, reaching and breaking through to them.
- Provide information that your audience wants and needs. If you are really tuned in to what your audience needs, you will be able to provide this at the right time and encourage further interaction.
- Tailor your communications – to the channel and to the audience. Always be clear on what you want as a result of a communication – what action you want your audience to take as a result, and this will bring focus to your content.
- Prepare multiple angles for your content then you can re-use and refine the same message for different situations. Experiment with the length and format of message – visual or short-form content may be as or more effective in getting your message across in an ever-shortening attention span, or can be used in a funnel process to bring your target audience closer to you.
- Use social media as the focus of your content distribution. With a well-planned content calendar you should be able to reach your target audience with the right targeted message at the right time. With your content hosted on your website as a hub, drive messages from your social media accounts nearer to conversion on this hub.
- Reach out for influencers – spend time providing value to them and be ready to harness their influence with a wider audience; by remaining targeted but expanding your reach you will generate more interest
- Strike up partnerships or relationships with branded publications and sites; if your audience are often found on other sites, find a way to get your message through to them without them having to take the time to find you.
In summary, do anything you can with your content to put it in your audience’s way, in a format that can be easily and quickly digested and in a manner that will leave your audience looking to take the next step in getting to know you and your product offering better.
By making it as easy as possible for your target audience, you will be able to set up an effective funnel for further leads and conversion, as high-quality digestible content that is targeted to a reader will help them see how you can help them and will help them avoid content fatigue.
If you would like to explore ways to get your voice heard more clearly that will help you establish better connections, please get in touch, we would be delighted to talk you through how we can help. Call us on 01491 614404 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s get started.